Neck pain can have several causes which do not necessarily emanate from the underlying issues. It may be triggered by prolonged straining, sleeping in an awkward position, stress, or wearing heavy necklaces. Neck pain is a prevalent symptom of varied medical conditions and injuries. It is imperative to know that neck pain disrupts your daily undertakings and mitigates your quality of life if it's not diagnosed and treated promptly. Most neck pain cases improve gradually with home-based remedies. Still, if it becomes persistent, it's wise to see a medical practitioner if your neck pain arises from an injury such as a motor accident, diving accident, or fall.
Statistics demonstrate that neck pain is experienced by about one out of three people once a year, becoming a common complaint in the United States. Additionally, studies show that back pain is more prevalent in males than the female gender and your susceptibility to contracting it aggravates with age. Don't let your neck pain derail your plans in life! We are ready to help. Don't hesitate to contact our chiropractor at Acosta Chiropractic Inc., serving Riverside and surrounding areas. Our chiropractic team understands the strain of struggling with debilitating neck pain. Your wellness journey starts from here, guaranteeing a full recovery!
Symptoms of Neck Pain
- Decreased mobility in head movement
- Clicking and grating noises
- Dizziness and blackouts
- Muscle tightness and spasms.
- Pain and stiffness
- General soreness.
- Radicular pain emanating from the neck towards the shoulders and arms.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
Diverse reasons can bring about neck stiffness. Your neck harbors flexibility and provides solidified support to the weight of your head. This enormous pressure exerted by your head's weight makes the neck susceptible to injuries, resulting in pain. These causes include:
- Aging: Conditions like wearing down joint cartilage(osteoarthritis) and narrowing the spinal cord spaces can culminate into neck pain.
- Injury: Trauma arising from the sudden abrupt movement of the head or neck and a possible rebound in the opposite direction can induce pain and inflammation. The ligaments, muscles, discs, and nerve roots located in the neck or spine can be highly affected by trauma injuries.
- Mental stress: Neck muscle tightening as a result of tension propagates neck pain and stiffness
- Worn joints: Like other joints in your body, neck joints tend to undergo friction with age. Osteoarthritis propagates cartilage amid your bones to deteriorate.
How Our Chiropractor Relieves Neck Pain
Chiropractors engage in diverse chiropractic care techniques to treat your neck pain. The methods depend exclusively on the conclusion of your diagnosis. These chiropractic care treatment plans include:
- Spinal manipulation: It aligns cervical vertebrae joints in the neck, reducing pain.
- Massage therapy involves the employment of mild pressure on the neck's tendons and muscles, mitigating inflammation and pain.
- Therapeutic exercise: Neck exercises assist in fashioning the firmness of your neck muscles.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Chiropractic Care in Riverside, CA
It's estimated that about 22 million people in the United States seek the services of chiropractors annually. This indicates that chiropractic care is a formidable treatment approach for treating chronic pain, including neck pain. Don't be left out! Please contact our chiropractor at Acosta Chiropractic Inc., situated in Riverside, CA, to schedule a consultation.